Indications: Short-term treatment of occasional constipation and where bowel cleansing is required, such as prior to bowel surgery or diagnostical examination: X-ray, endoscopy, colonscopy, etc.
WHEN CLISMA-LAX SHOULD NOT BE USED
- In cases of hypersensitivity to the active ingredients or any of the excipients.
- Laxatives are contraindicated in individuals with acute abdominal pain or pain of unknown origin, intestinal obstruction or stenosis, rectal bleeding of unknown origin, severe dehydration.
Overdosage: Excessive doses may cause abdominal pain and diarrhoea; the consequent loss of water and electrolytes must be replenished.
- Adults and children 12 years old and over: one bottle (133 ml).
- Children over trhee years to under 12 years old: one-half a bottle or as directed by the pysician.
- Do not administer to children under three years of age.
- Do not exceed the recommended dosage if otherwise directed by the doctor, in particulary case the administration of two consecutive bottles should occours. Clisma-lax can contribute to relieve constipation and promote bowel function, but, unless directed by your doctor, should not be used for more than seven days.
How to user:
CLISMA-LAX may be used at room temperature.
If preferred warm, simply place the bottle in hot water or under the tap. For best results, administer CLISMA-LAX while lying on your left side.
For a more effective cleansing effect, for ex. when bowel cleansing is required, remain in a knee-chest position for a few minutes immediately following administration.
1. Remove the protective cap from the rectal cannula.
2. Grasp the bottle and insert the cannula gently into the rectum towards the navel, then squeeze the bottle completely. A residue of liquid will remain in the bottle. In children, the cannula must not be inserted further than half its length.
3. When the enema has been administered, extract the cannula and dispose the empty bottle in its box.
- Remain lying down until you have a strong urge to evacuate; this normally occurs within 5 minutes.
- In any case, there is no need to retain the enema for more than 5 minutes. Even without the urge prepare to evacuate, as the solution would be retine for the less possible time.
- Box of 1 botlet x 133 ml.
- Box of 4 botlets x 133 ml.
- Box of 20 botlets x 133 ml.
Storage: Store in a dry place at a temperature below 30°C. Protect from light.
Shelf-life: 5 Years
Manufactured by: SOFAR S.P.A – ITALY